As the Data Literacy Manager (d/f/m), you will be responsible for developing, leading and executing the Data Literacy Program within our mobile.de data strategy. You will be an integral part of this strategy and will be responsible for rolling it out through effective communication, training and by fostering a community of self-service data analysis and data visualisation builders. You will be one of the key contributors to our company's transition to a data mesh organisation.
Duties and responsibilities
In order to be successful in this role, you should be able to build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels. As a problem solver, you provide original thought whilst taking into account our marketplace challenges and company culture. This will require strong communication skills with abilities to learn and understand quickly the dynamics of the organisation. Your work is a direct contribution to the delivery of our company's mission and strategic objectives.
- Create, source, consolidate and align on Data Literacy material with key stakeholders including Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Science, Business, Product and others.
- Drive knowledge sharing activities across the organisation on the overall data strategy, available data & tools and their usage, roles and responsibilities.
- Plan & facilitate trainings, workshops and presentations to spread and scale the community of data ambassadors within each team.
- Identity needs/gaps around knowledge and skills within business and functional teams required for self-service data analytics. Build a plan and roadmap to address the identified gaps/challenges. Ensure successful execution of the roadmap with the support of data specialists & data engineering teams.
- Create Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to measure the success of Data Literacy execution.
- Execute in an agile process to continually deliver value that drives to a longer term Data Literacy strategy.
- Articulating the end-end Data Mesh vision aligned to the broader organisation strategy and objectives.
Appreciated qualification and experience
- Experience in a data and analytics role and an understanding of data and analytics terminology and methodology
- Experience in using one or more Business Intelligence and data visualisation tools such as Looker, Tableau etc.
- Good conceptual understanding of the data lifecycle management processes such as data ingestion, data extraction, data transformation, data modelling etc.
- You have good project management skills and enjoy collaborating across several teams ensuring alignment.
- Excellent in communication and data storytelling.
- You enjoy enabling others by providing training and hands-on support.
- Being familiar with the Data Mesh principles and their practical implications will be a big plus
What we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- 28 days of holidays
- Commuter allowance
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave