As part of our commitment to the Python and Data Science community, we are pleased to announce that we offer special financial grants for attendees to join us in PyConDE & PyData Berlin 2023. Please follow the instructions below to apply for a grant.
We offer financial aid conference grants in these 3 categories:
- Free ticket: Get a standard ticket for the conference (in-person or online) for free.
- European & Mediterranean1 travel and accommodation costs: we will reimburse travel and accommodation costs up to 400€.
- Other Transcontinental travel and accommodation costs: we will reimburse travel and accommodation costs up to 800€.
When applying, we will ask you to estimate the travel and accommodation costs.
Our grants are open to all people in need of financial aid. We will specifically take into account the following criteria in the selection process:
We want everybody to have a chance to join us at PyConDE & PyData Berlin 2023, regardless of their economic situation or income level.
We seek the most diverse and inclusive event possible.
In case you are unlucky and don’t get a free in-person ticket or travel/accommodation reimbursement, you will still be eligible to obtain a free online ticket.
How to Apply
Please fill in the form.
- 2022-12-14 - The financial aid grant opportunity opens
- 2023-01-16 - The deadline for submitting the applications
- 2023-02-20 - Applicants will be notified by E-mail about acceptance or rejection.
Grants need to be accpeted (or rejected) within seven days.
Personalized coupons will be generated to claim a free ticket.
Accommodation and travel grant
All grants involving reimbursements will be reimbursed based on approved receipts (hotel invoice, plane/bus/train ticket) sent to us before the conference.
The reimbursement can either be made by bank transfer or PayPal payment after the conference.
- The maximum total amount of grant will not exceed the amount of 400€/800€ (depending on the category) per person.
- If the applicant does not accept the grant before the mentioned deadline, the grant will be considered rejected by the applicant.
- Not approved invoices will not be reimbursed.
- Reimbursements before the conference, or via other means such as cash are not possible.
- The financial aid grants will only be made available to registered attendees actually attending the conference.
- Transfers to other people are not possible.
- As part of our efforts to reduce the carbon footprint of the conference, we expect our attendees to use trains rather than airplanes when possible. Thus, we will not refund air travel costs when other means of transportation are easily available. This will be considered on a case by case basis. Please consider this when calculating the estimated costs.
Become a Special Diversity Sponsor!
You or your company can support our diversity and diversity initiative by becoming a sponsor. We have a special “Diversity Sponsor” in the list of sponsor options, that can be booked separately or be included in the sponsor package. Check the sponsor brochure. For more information contact sponsoring.
Thank you. See you at PyConDE & PyData Berlin 2023.
Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Northern Cyprus, Palestine, Republic of Cyprus, Syria, Tunisia and Turkey↩