Junior Data Analyst / Engineer / Scientist
by alcemy GmbH
Place: Berlin / remote
alcemy was founded to reduce the massive CO2 footprint of the cement and concrete industry, responsible for almost 8% of global CO2 emissions.
We can change this! We leverage machine learning to provide smart production control software to the concrete supply chain to improve efficiency and allow for the production of low-carbon cement and concrete. Our software is used 24/7 in cement and concrete plants to optimize production and reduce carbon emissions today.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will be part of the Customer Success & Solutions Engineering team, which is responsible for onboarding new and taking care of existing customers of both our cement and concrete products.
- You will play a big part in making sure new customers are set up successfully, thereby directly contributing to our growth as a company, as well as customer happiness.
- You will analyze and explore our customers’ data to increase trust and engagement in our product.
- The position is at the intersection of data engineering and data science. This means you can shine both with your software engineering skills, but also dive deep into the data to solve ad-hoc customer problems.
- We’re a small start-up, so you’ll also have the opportunity to explore and work in other areas. For example, one of our front-end engineers recently took the responsibility for moving our web app deployment over to kubernetes.
Appreciated qualification and experience
You’d be a great fit if…
- You care about climate change.
- You have experience analyzing data using Python (esp. pandas) and ideally SQL (PostgreSQL).
- You can use the command line and git.
- You are detail-oriented, organized, and diligent.
- You can communicate clearly (verbally and written) and are patient with non-techies.
- You speak German or another European language besides English (to the point where you feel comfortable communicating directly with customers and other people external to our organization).
- You have used Grafana before to build dashboards.
- You test your code and have experience with modern CI/CD pipelines.
- You have a basic understanding of machine learning.
- You have experience with AWS (esp. S3, SQS, SNS, Cloudwatch), terraform, and kubernetes.
What we offer...
- You can live and work remotely anywhere within the EU that's about a day of train ride away from Berlin (we meet up every 9 weeks for team weeks in Berlin to work together in-person).
- Annual salary of 50.000 - 65.000€ and VSOP equity options vested equally over 4 years.
- 1500€/year & 3 days/quarter personal development budget.
- Mac or Linux laptop of your choice.
- 25 days of vacation plus additional company holidays between Christmas and New Years.
- An additional day of vacation for every 2 years at alcemy.
Franziska Horn (firstname.lastname@example.org)