We are looking for a highly motivated Data Engineer (m/f/d), who has the passion to learn quickly & help address the growing need for highly reliable data platform for Customer Service domain. Our goal is to create & maintain a data platform which enables our BI engineers to create intuitive & insightful dashboards to help achieve customer delight. This role is highly challenging considering the dynamics & the fast-growing nature of Flixbus’ business.
Are you game? If yes, read on.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will support the development / re-engineer from the scratch, state-of-the-art cloud data platforms for our BI & DWH systems both on a conceptual level and in implementation using Snowflake.
- You will maintain database applications and ETL modules for the development, processing and intersection of data for evaluation and analysis models.
- You identify, analyse, understand and prioritize the complex requirements of the departments on our BI platform on a daily business.
- You will be responsible for implementing projects and develop, build, configure, unit test, and implement data solutions based on lower-level designs within the data infrastructure.
- You will involve yourself in modelling of data structures and definition of objects, attributes and their links.
- You will be responsible for configuration, operation, maintenance and optimisation of data marts/ large datasets in Snowflake.
- You will be the SPOC for technical and process-related questions from users.
- You will work very closely with the BI professionals to make sure you complete the loop in the journey of data, end-to-end.
- Usage of data visualisation tools like Power BI or Tableau is an added advantage.
- Establishing data pipelines & monitoring pipelines for events in the related Kafka Topics is good to have.
Appreciated qualification and experience
- You have great passion for data & digital transformation.
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a Data Engineer or Software Engineer with experience on data topics
- You have experience in the areas of data modelling, databases (SQL) and IT infrastructures.
- You have worked with cloud-based infrastructure providers (AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud etc.)
- You significant experience of application programming (Python) and ETL/ELT experience.
- You think beyond data & involve yourself actively with the business to help BI teams give better insights with your deep understanding on the domain level data.
- You are a great collaborator & go-getter with cross functional teams to remove any potential blockers in the path of work.
- You are an independent professional with very strong team skills.
- You are fluent in English.
Amber Adaszkiewicz (firstname.lastname@example.org)