The Deutsche Post DHL Group team is the leading mail and logistics service provider for the world. As one of the planet’s largest employers operating in over 220 countries and territories, we see the world differently. Join our team and discover how an international network that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability is able to connect people and improve lives through the power of global trade. And not just for our customers, but for every member of our team, too. Join a great international team of Data Engineers, Cloud Engineers, DevOps Engineers, Data Scientists and Architects to learn from and to share your experiences. The team language is English, hence you don’t need to speak any German. In our family friendly environment, we offer part-time working, flex-time, sabbaticals and home office. If you want to build an international carrier we support exchanges and relocation to our offices in Germany.
Duties and responsibilities
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer (m/f/x) to enhance an agile team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to design and develop state-of-the-art solutions to complex and multifaceted problems that require sophisticated software architecture. The team acts self-managed and is user-oriented, so that every member can shape the product to be developed in a meaningful way. The team improves operational processes at DPDHL with Operation Research and Machine Learning approaches. As a Software Engineer (m/f/x) you will put your emphasis on the technical aspects of robust, scalable, maintainable, secure, modular software design and implementation, while data science colleagues in the team focus more on the algorithmic and mathematical optimization challenges. With a well-established global company behind you, you will see the results of your work grow to scale, and in doing so you will also make an important contribution to our sustainability initiative.
Appreciated qualification and experience
- Solid programming experience (preferably in Rust and Python)
- Analytical thinking and algorithmic understanding
- Basic experience with Docker, Kubernetes (from a k8s native application development, deployment, and lifecycle management perspective)
- Familiarity with automated testing (unit, integration)
- Experience in the field of DevOps and in associated tools and concepts related to automation, CI / CD in cloud and on-prem environments
- Experience with software architecture and design, specifically for cloud and k8s native applications
- Experience with software library development and lifecycle management (as opposed to application development)
- Familiarity with multiple software development paradigms, e. g. interest in functional programming
- Interest in DevSecOps
- Interest in data-intensive (often distributed) systems (Kafka, Flink, Spark, …)
- Good understanding of logging and monitoring tooling and best practices
- Experience with Github Actions
We offer excellent employee benefits, a competitive salary package and great development opportunities, such as joining conference or paid trainings. We welcome full-time and part-time and offer hybrid work at home and in our offices. If you choose to move to Bonn or Berlin for joining one of our offices, we support you with the moving, all official paperwork, an interim flat and finding a permanent flat, as well as the search for a Kindergarten as per your family needs.
Stefan Lange (firstname.lastname@example.org)